Re: Scirocco Question

Christopher Grossi wrote:

>     My car was attempted to be broken into last night here at school.
> The person messed up the door pretty bad when they pryed the door handle
> off. The hole where the handle goes in is screwed up to the point that
> the handle no longer sits right in the door. My question is, I have been
> thinking of repainting my car anyhow, so if I got a new door and a
> drivers side fender how much it would cost to get the car repainted. I
> am in NH in the Nashua area if that makes any difference.

I live in MA. The best price for a quality paint job I have found (this
is just prep and paint, no bodywork or wet sand, buff type shit) is 1000
to 1200. Thats from a "qualified" shop that the work actually looked
good. I say if your going to paint it, get it wet sanded and buffed
maybe 100-200 bucks more...worth it. I used to do autobody, I repainted
and did tons of rust work on my old Blazer myself. Its ALOT of work. If
you want to do it yourself be prepared. I don't recomend it if you want
quality. But if you have alot of time and patience and want to learn it
can be fun! And very rewarding. There is nothing like pulling the
masking paper of a freshly painted car. Its like Christmas when your a
kid!

Feenix...
88 16V