I got beat by a FREAKIN' GM !!!!!!

    Hey all. I don't normally post any "road warrior" stories, but this seemed like a good one to pass on. I have, on occasion, raced other cars (any make/model) with mixed results. I even raced a BMW 540....can you say SMOKED !!!!!! Remember...........we're talking 8v here. Anyway, I am on my way home from work tonight, and this late 80's (front drive chassis) Cutlass/Somerset/Skylark thing pulls a U-ey to get in behind me in the turn lane. I figured he was just going the wrong way.....WRONG !!!!!   He tries to jump around me when the light goes green, I step on it and the game is afoot !!! So, we're heading up this 4 lane stretch of road (that eventually turns into a highway like raodway) he gets in behind me and we're flying along....speeds withheld for flaming reasons. So, I can dodge and weave rather well............he can't. So, I get up ahead of him............he runs a red to keep the pursuit going. We hit where the road goes "highway".....traffic........we're side-by-side being held up....then he gets an onramp merge lane.....he's gone...........I chase !!!!   He is pulling on me, I think, that's alright, I have an 8v with a fuel probelm (still undetected cause) and he likely has the V6...not a really good excuse, I have beat V6 camaros easy enough......I had also noticed a newly installed dual exhaust sticking out where no stock exhaust on these front drive P'sOS goes. The car was just that.......a real POS !! BUT..........when we pull off back into civilization, I actually hear the exhaust note........THAT WAS NO V6 !!   Damn thing was an 8 !!! I can't tell you exactly what was done, but when we parted ways, I flashing my brights in appreciation for the fun, he puts the thing sideways blowing smoke off the rear wheels. DAMN !!!! The best part of the story, not saying I have the end-all 8v, NOT IN THE LEAST, but he really didn't beat me by THAT MUCH !!  That 540 smoked me, he only beat me.  Anyway, that just tells me more works needs to be done to show that monstrosity what an 8v is capable of.            C'yall on the line in Cincy.................yes, even the ones I KNOW are going to beat me.

       Verne :
     '84 Wolfsburg 8v Roc
     '91 Passat GL (Wife's car)
     '97 Norco Lobos Comp (Full-susp)