Re: Found a cheap 16 V Rocco,,SHould I get it????

>As u kno I drive a Rabbit and am trying to sell it..My friends just brought
>to my attention he'd sell me a 87 16v rocco to me for $1100...Well it needs
>the eur bumpers cause on stock bumper is ripped off...it needs a new
>distributer..and it needs a few other minor parts...
>Now it does run good and the engine looks clean..mileage is about 120,000 and
>the paint needs a good detail...I  can get around $2000 for my car so could I
>still buy the Rocco and distributor/euro bumpers??? if so tell me how much
>stuff will be and etc....
>Thanx alot,...
>Greyson Crowe
>76 Rabbit(for sale)
>Soon to have(87 16v)

Sounds to me like this is what you wanna do anyway?  I think you'll
_easily_ sink that extra $800 into the car fixing things.  That
distributor is going to run you about $160, Euro bumpers are going to
be somewhere in neighborhood of $500 for a set.  General tune-up and
maintanence items will probably be around $200ish too. (bosch cap,
rotor, wires, air filter, fuel filter, oil change, v-belts, timing
belt, timing belt tensioner, brake fluid flush, coolent flush)  Not to
mention stuff the car probably needs to the easy tune of another $1000+
(brakes, rotors, rear-calipers to fix (probable) non-working parking brake,
front struts and bearings, rear shocks and bushings, tires, coolent hoses,
ball joints, motor mounts, exhaust system and especially the downpipe/cat,
and 10 other things I'm forgetting)

Costs go up for performance parts in just about all these catagories,
naturallly. :)

I'm not trying to be a downer, but are you in this for the long haul?

Either way, it's a great fun car and you'll love it no matter what you
decide to do. (in between bouts of hating it for breaking..oh, was
that outloud?)

==Brett