? on Breaking in a rebuilt motor

Here's the scene, then the question:
88 16V: rebuilt head, new piston rings, new connecting rod bearings and bolts, new main bearings, new headgasket, new oil pan gasket, and having all the inside cleaned up, and measured to spec.   A modest "rebuild" for a 150,000 mile block with some carbon build-up.    My mechanic said I'll have to "start all over and break-in the motor.  Just don't drive to slow or too fast."

Q:  Okay folks, how should I go about breaking in this motor?
Q:  Do I continue to use:  Lubro-Moly Anti-friction?   Chevron's Jectron?
Q: What rpm and speed should I be driving at?
Q:  How many miles should I break it in for?
Q:  Since I'm not changing the block seals, should I continue to use 20w-50, or go with synthetic stuff?     (NYC)  I heard leaks can occur from switching.
Q:  Did I miss anything?

TIA
Peace
Rich Z