Re: Adjusting Mixture (How Do I?)

Sal Guzzo wrote:

> I need to know how do I adjust my mixture by myself.  I have just taken
> apart a air sensor in order to get to the fuel mixture screw.  But before I
> attempt to take apart the next one, I waswondering if I can simply adjust
> the mixture by myself or do I need some sort of  tool.  BTW, keep in mind
> that I am replacing the mixture screw so the mixture will be way off
> initially.  How do I fix this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sal

It is my experience that you do not need to take anything apart to get
to the adjustment screw, that some of the later units have the access
hole blocked up. Drilling the hole out makes for easy access to the set
screw.

Pls. excuse my seemingly dumb question, (but we're all friends here,
right?)- Why did you take it apart? And why are you replacing the screw?

God knows I have taken bunches apart ( and not gotten ) them (all) back
together, at least in my younger years. :)

To answer your question; a dwell meter is required, If you don't have
the super expensive gas analyzer in the garage.  I myself could use some
direction with it's use- the Bentley says;

"Don't do it without the proper Equipment, like a Sun EPA 75 Performance
Analyzer... blah, blah, blah."

There seems to be a way to do it with a dwell meter and a measurement of
what the O2 sensor is doing.

Any elaboration out there?

TBerk