Re: 3 8V power questions...

Shawn C Meze wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 19:30:07 -0700 the-mad-bastard@home.com writes:
> >hey people, 3 questions for you regarding 8V motors.
> >
> >1. how does one know that one is looking at a g-grind cam?  there's one
> >for sale near me, and i want to make sure that i'm not buying
> >something that isn't what it is advertised as.
>
> A true VW guru knows what cam he's holding by the feel of the lobes, the
> weight of the billet and the alloy from which it came.
> The rest of us measures the lobes. :)

	makes sense.  2 things tho, with what tool do i measure the lobes, and
how do i find out what the g-grind's specs are.

> >2. what dubs came with the large TB (audi 5000-style)?  are they
> >relatively popular?
>
> 85 and up A2's.

	excellent.

> >3. what dubs came with the large intake?  i was told that the jetta
> >carat had it, but i dunno if that's true or not.
>
> Should be the 84 and newer A1's. They made the runners a little
> different. I think the plenum is a little larger too.

	really?  that's interesting.  another friend of mine has the a2 large
intake and he kept going on about it saying that it was bigger than his
a1 intake (91 GTI, i think??).  ah well, don't matter, i s'pose.

> >thanks for your help!  a buddy of mine is planning trying to build up a
> >sleeper 8V with which to mash the honda masses...
>
> Yeah, right. Whatever!
> Its OK to admit that you really desire an 8V. Besides, its more fun to do
> more, with less. :)

	HAH!  fuck that shit, pal.  8Vs are lame.  had one, it was fun, now i'm
over it. :P  16V is _much_ healthier for you.  more torque, more
hp...why would anyone waste their time doing an 8?

jason
the mad bastard