Re: Oil pressure idiot light acting up

At 09:40 PM 4/10/99 -0700, you wrote:
>It's acting up on my '84 Scirocco. While I'm driving down
>the road it will
<<snip>>
>times for a few hours. Any ideas what causing it?

Yea, I had the same problem on my 84 MKII.  What I did was find the single
wire that connects to a terminal on the right side of the block. I simply
used a nail file to remove the corrosion from the male terminal (attached
to the block).  Obviously be careful not to  file too much off, or the
connection will always be loose.  Finally, I cut off the old female
connector in the wire, and crimped on a new one. You can buy it at Pep Boys
for a few cents.

This fixed my problem.  Hope if fixes yours!

-Aaron