Re: tranny question

On Thu, 08 Apr 1999 22:27:06 -0400 Slink <slink1@jps.net> writes:
>Ok, the transaxle.  I'm taking out the 2h coded transaxle from my
>rocco.

Ah-hah! Progress!
OK, your options are as follows. if you intend to retain the same
gearing, you can use:
another 2H (Naturally.)
4K (Just a smidge taller but you'll never notice the difference.)
7G (a little taller yet but not by much. I have no clue as to what it
came in.)
9A (same gearing as the 4K but with a 3.67 R&P.)
AGB & 2Y (Same gearing as the 4K except the 5th gear is a .91 and the R&P
is a 3.67.)

That's the rundown of the close ratio boxes from the tightest to the
widest. (4 mph difference.)
HTH!!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and