Re: tranny question

On Thu, 08 Apr 1999 17:40:17 -0400 Slink <slink1@jps.net> writes:

>>On Thu, 08 Apr 1999 02:04:21 -0400 Slink <slink1@jps.net> writes:
>>>I have a 85 scirocco wolfburg ed. and I am in the process of changing
>>>the tranny,  I would like to know what trannies i could use as a daily
>>>driver (close/wide ratio) that would provide the preformance equal to
>>>or better than the one I'm taking out.

>>Shawn C Meze wrote:
>> What are you taking out? (if you say "the Tranny" Jason will slap
>you.)
>>

>Slink <slink1@jps.net> writes:
>The transmission, there is noise coming from it, and knowing that my
>transmission falls under the years that vw had those that were due to
>fail I
>rather replace it.

Im sorry, I wasnt exactly awake when I wrote that. What I meant was, what
code tranny are you removing? Whats the code on it? You could put in a
close/wide ratio tranny in but in order to get the same performance, you
need to know what you have in there now.
Better?

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and