RE: l hate rear disc brakes (AAAarghhhhhhh)

Both of my cars had the same problem. One ended up burning itself out after
driving with the brake unintensionally stuck on, and the other one broke the
brake handle rather than move (which was better, actually)!

I got new (remanufactured) calipers for the car that toasted the caliper,
and the e-brake moves fine, but doesn't hold the car at all. It's barely
noticible, as the car still rolls very easily even when I pull the brake up
pretty hard.

I like my rear discs, but unless someone has any bright ideas, I think I'm
gonna give up on the e-brake completely. Kinda annoying, really.

Here's one for the academics: Was the Scirocco VW's first attempt at rear
discs? It would make sense, since there's an obvious design flaw here!

Neal