Re: [LUSTFUL DESIRE][Clear Taillights]

On Wed, 07 Apr 1999 09:34:01 -0700 Kevin Collins <kevinc@flashcom.net>
writes:

>Just my opinion.. but pardon me while I PUKE!!!

Allow me to step out of the way so you dont soil my tennies.

>Clear taillights are illegal and a cop magnet.

No, not true actually. As long as they have a red (Which most of the
honda's ive seen dont have) reflector and the right colored bulbs, they
are legal. Ugly as hell on anything but a white car but still legal.
(Concessions included.)

>And they make your car look
>like the local Honda/Acura riceboy machine - an association I don't care
>to make!

WEll, the term Riceboy is offensive to me even tho im well aware of its
origins and the intent has nothing to do with race ect. To me its still
the same thing, only labeling a car that has 3 qualifying features as
such. Its the same thing really. I guess I dont go with the VWNG flow in
this regard and that's fine with me. I think its another excuse for
ignorance. Whatever.
I prefer to term it as "Pep Boy Cowboy". that's a car owner (No matter
the make) who goes into Pep Boys and buys all the accessories he can fit
on and in his car. I associate this more with what many call a "Riceboy".
Its more to the point and is non offensive to people unless you are one
of these kind of people OR have stock in Pep Boys.

However, to get back on topic, looking at a dark green Honda civic with
white tail lights looks really... out of place? No, it looks really
stupid. Ive seen white Supra's that looked really clean with the white
tail lights. Along the same lines, I came across a brand new (Paper
plates) black Audi A4 with blacked out tail lights, side markers, turn
signals and headlights that looked extremely clean!

>How about some nice clear euro front corners instead??

On the right car, yeah, sure it would definitely improve the look of the
car.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and