Re: 87 scirocco wolfsburg edition?

From: timbob <timbob29@idt.net>
Subject: 87 scirocco wolfsburg edition?

I know they do the wolfsburg edition things on other volkswagens, but is
there such a thing as a scirocco wolsfburg?  i just recently bought
mine, it's an 87 16v, with power just about everything (locks, mirrors,
windows) and a lot of other options that lead me to believe it may be a
wolfsburg, but i have never heard of a wolfsburg scirocco before.  the
previous owner was quite intent on doing modifications to it that were
mostly visual (monowiper, removal of rearview mirror, grill mods), so
maybe he just bought a wolfsburg badge and slapped it on there riceboy
style? (ie Type R sticker on a civic, haha)  anybody know how i can find
out if this rad little car is actually a wolfsburg edition?

What type of Wolfsburg badge did he put on? I don't believe they ever made a Wolfsburg Scirocco. I always remember Jettas and Golfs.

Why would you remove the rearview mirror? Is that like a new mod that is out there? I hope you put one back on. What did he do to the hole left in the headliner? Sorry but this whole riceboy/mod thing amazes me everytime I see one. Here in DC Toyota Supras are very popular for really bad 'mods'. They all are POS. I just don't understand buying a dumbass stick on whatever when you burn 5 quarts of oil a day.

Sorry for the tangent.

mark hausler
'81 scirocco s
'94 toyo 4x4