Re: Neujunk front upper stress bar

--- A1SCIROCCO@aol.com wrote:
> Anybody have this bar and hate it?  I DO!  It seem's that this bar preloads
> the front suspension.  Also it broke the strut bearing posts that it mounts
> to.  Is autotech's adjustable bar any good?

It sounds more like you have a frame problem than a problem with the stress
bar.  I had one on my '79 Scirocco and I have Neuspeed bars on both my Dad's
'86 GTi and my '87 racecar without any drama.  My buddy had a Neuspeed bar in
his '83 GTi 2.0L 16v and NEVER broke a strut bearing post - I'd start
measuring everything underhood to determine the condition of your frame.
===
Matthew Yip
mgyip@yahoo.com

'87 GTi 0v