RE: 16V swap questions

Date:          Thu, 1 Apr 1999 13:40:08 -0500
To:            bhonnold@pac-cap.com
From:          Jim Jarrett <jarrett@kodak.com>
Subject:       RE: 16V swap questions
Cc:            scirocco-l@scirocco.org

You should be able to just splice into you exhisting harness.  much
easier and less time extensive then doing a full harness swap.  I
belive there are only 3 wires to splice in on a cis e harness
hth
Tony

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999 10:50:50 -0800 Brian Honnold <bhonnold@pac-cap.com> wrote

>Now that I am getting serious about swapping the 16V motor into my MkI I
>have a couple of stumbling blocks to climb over.

Brian,

  Have you given any thought as to what you're going to do about the engine
management mate-up to your current electrical system?  I'm almost at that
point, and I've asked the list before for some help.  I got 2 answers that
covered both  my choices:

-Choice 1: Figure out how to splice into my current system

-Choice 2: Pull the whole harness from the donor 16v, not just the engine
harness, and use the 16v fusebox and wiring loom.

So, the open question is:  What do I do?

Thanks.

| Jim Jarrett,CCP                                                   |
| Eastman Kodak Co. - Professional Digital Cameras                  |
| 901 Elmgrove Road MC 35504                                        |
| Rochester, NY 14653-5504         Phone:(716) 726-6365             |
| jarrett@kodak.com           All opinions expressed are mine alone |
| http://www.kodak.com                                              |