Re: Water Pumps A/C vs No A/C [A1/A2]

> There seems to be some confusion about waterpumps.

Aaaaaa whats a Water pump ;)

> The waterpump on a no a/c VW is the same as the waterpump on an a/c VW.

Correct sir!

> The difference is in the pulley, which is held on by three allen head
> bolts.

Correct again sir....but some old 40mm had 13mm bolts holding
them on.

> having said that, there are two watercooled waterpumps (A1/A2 chassis).
>
> Up to about 1980, VW used a 40mm hub on the WP. After that, VW used a
> 30mm hub.

Man your good....you sure you never been a parts guy????

> The WP on my 1990 Jetta  will fit my 1982 Scirocco, will fit Kristen's
> 1978 Scirocco, etc. etc.

Man....you need a job?? ;)

> All my parts lists indicate no 16V waterpump, so I assume the waterpump
> for a 16V is the same as an 8V.

Assumption correct!

> Mark @Adirondack or Mike @ Virtual World can confirm this (please)

Confirmed by Potterman.......Mark I'm sure would say the same.

> If you have an early Mk1 (like Kristen's 1978) - you can upgrade to the
> later 30mm. You'll need a new pulley too.

Yes Mr. Peele.....but whats the part # ??

> ***I know nothing about A3s.

Well we have now lost all confidence in you ;)  no knowledge on
A3's.  Why they are the same too.

  ;-P

Mike Potter
a.k.a. Potterman