Re: A/C (while we're on that subject)

At 15:38 9/29/98 -0500, Warren, John wrote:

>	Have any of you folks tried to change your

>	R-12 system over to R-134a?? What's

>	required for the changeover?

It's pretty simple.  Replace your receiver drier and install a "retrofit
kit."  Suck the system down, and dump in a few cans of R-134a along with
some of that cool uv dye so that <italic>when</italic>, I mean
<italic>if</italic>, your system leaks you can easily detect it.  If you
plan on having future a/c problems, it's much cheaper to go R-134a.  If
your system seem to be in good working order, I would recommend
continuing to pay $30/lb for R-12 if I were you.  R-134a is just not as
efficient at cooling.  It's as simple as that.  Having said that, I
should inform you that I'm in Arlington TX, hot-spot of the nation, even
in September.  If you're somewhere that's not so like, Hell for instance,
R-134a is probably OK for ya'.  I'm done rambling.  Over and out.

Dan

'86 8v red martian

  mailto:nowlan@flash.net

  http://www.flash.net/~nowlan/