was[Corrado Royalty] is [A3's & A4's suck, or no suck?] -Reply

I must put in my thoughts on the VR6 motor being an owner of a 97 Jetta
GLX.  The car is one great car.  The power on the car is non-stop.  It is
true that it pulls harder at the higher speeds, but has great manners
cruising around town.  Then again, how many VW's have great low end
anyways.   The only thing which I find needing upgraded is the
installation of swaybars.  The car rolls to much in cornering.  A quote
from  Road & Track.( not exact)  "The VR6 motor pulls like a locomotive"
Personally, that sums it up for me.

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998 07:37:06 EDT EurotekVW@aol.com writes:
>I won't even go in the VR6 because it's like the holy grail
>to some and I'm not into bashing.

I've driven a VR6 Jetta on the autox course last year and although its
got gobs (thats a technical term) of power and the brakes are equally
great, its a heavy car that drools with understeer. Being that the VR6 is
currently the most powerful engine that VW produces, I can see why it
would be considered in the same category ad the Holy Grail to the
owners
of such cars.
To me, unless you do alot of freeway driving where the top end power
is
where the VR6 is at its best, then its simply not worth it to me. Then
again, i've only driven the powerplant once and it was a stock motor.

>I will admit that I'm a grassroots H20
>purist and firmly believe, in my heart, that VW's lost a little of that
"soul"
>when they went to Mk3. We'll see about Mk4's, for I haven't driven one
> yet.

In not a fan of the A3 Golf's. I like the look of the Jetta, nice
refinement over the A2 Jetta. Now the A4 Golf to me, looks like a damn
Honda to me. And in fact, the first one I saw (at Waterfest) I thought it
WAS a Honda. (I even asked somebody, how the hell did a Honda get
into a
VW show?)
It looks good from the front end, but the back, the wide C-pilar SUCKS!
Looks like crapolah to me. I dunno. I think that my affection for VW's
will probably only be limited to the A1's and specifically Scirocco's
unless I get disgustingly rich and can afford to buy cars with more of
everything. Dont get me wrong, I love my Roc and I want to have and
build
more of them. its just something about the A4's that are turning me off.
Now the new Audi is a sweet looking car AND its got workable
performance!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and

Why pay more to use the Internet?
Get fast, reliable, affordable Web access