Re: New Bugattiwagen racecar?

At 12:20 PM 9/24/98 , Aaron D. Patton wrote:
>That's not a lot of horsepower for 26 litres worth of displacement and who
>knows how much weight.  You'd be better off attaching a pair of turbos to a
>W-12 and running nitro-methane.
>Aaron

You're right- but didn't VW say that the W12 put out something like 500hp?
Hmmm, adding 6 more cylinders and 2.8l of displacement, not to mention the
added weight and complexity is sure as hell not worth 100hp... they should
take the W12 and put a light pressure turbo on it... 6psi would probable do
the trick, right?

I would put money on it that someone was misinformed- I doubt if VW ever
even considered an 18-cylinder... seems just stoopid to me... I'm sure
someone just exaggerated the story, and the real consideration was the W12,
especially cause VW now has nothing to do with it, as BMW will continue
supplying engines for Rolls...

	My 0.02
		Jason
		87 16v