Re: Buying a Scirocco...

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Dion Blazakis wrote:

>     Oh yeah, and does anyone have any ways to get better reception with
> the "bee sting" antenae? (sp?)
>     Thanks much,
>     Dionysus

Since this was brought up, let me pose a question about the Fuba: I
installed it in my 8V back in December. It was fine, until one day only
two stations came through clearly, the rest were almost totally lost. I
rechecked the connections at the radio, checked that the antenna-amp does
indeed get 12V. The only thing that is left is the antenna amplifier
itself, which, some people tell me, is sensitive and can go south.
Does anyone know about warranty for those puppies? Will the company ask
for my current amplifier back before they send me a new one? (and how in
the world will I plug up that hole?)

Ilias

- --