From: "Ryan Schuermann" <rts@nol.net>
To: BroknAngl8@aol.com
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Scirocco Body Kits
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 22:58:21 +0000

You hve a few basic manufactures of Scirocco Body Kits

VW - makes a 10 piece plastic kit for the scirocco, found on 16v
models, adds subtle lines, no longer in production
Zender - believe made 2 kits fiberglass, very wide and aggressive for
the times, kinda outdated by now, no longer in production
Kamei - made the X1 plastic kit for the scirocco, added square lines
to the rocco, believe consisted of front and rear spoiler and rocker
panels, no longer in production
Rieger - makes GTB, GTS and GTO fiberglass kits from mild to wild,
smooth lines, available from Germany
Erebruni - makes wide body kits and wings, plastic, poor quality,
available from them, i think it's erebruni.com
JT Motorsport - makes cheap fiberglass knockoffs of the popular
Rieger and other kits - STAY AWAY
ABD - makes a plastic kit that is similar to the VW kit

expect to pay $200-400 for a used VW kit, unless you find a moron who
doesn't know what he has, The Zender and Kamei kit's value would be
dependent on the condition, $500-$1000 used and who knows new(garage
kept)?. The Rieger kits range from $2,000 to almost $5,000. Erebruni
kits run around $2,000 I think, check their ads and prices, I don't
give a flying crap if JT sells their stuff for a 1$, DONT buy it. I
believe the ABD kit is $500.

Don't forget the hidden costs, some require euro bumpers, wider
rims, the prep cost and painting, installation labor, etc. Then you
have to approach driving in a completely different manner. Though
it can be good, I rarely find myself speeding or wanting to race as
much in my Rieger than i did in either my Red Rocco or Corrado,
I just like to cruise and watch them speed up to me, hang around for
a few min trying to figure out what kinda car it is, and go zooming
off like thy have a small penis to make up for.

- --stretch, crack knuckles-- did I forget anyone or any kits??

Ryan
oh BTW wanna buy a Rieger Scirocco? =]

scirocco-L-request@scirocco.org,

- --------- End forwarded message ----------