Re: vin decoder broke? and jetta/engine q

Just trim distinguished the models, I think... I think maybe only the GL was
available with things like a sunroof, A/C, etc... I think also maybe only the
GL had the front swaybar... these are all guesses, but educated ones.
    -Josiah

Ryan Schuermann wrote:

> anyone know why etrik's vin decoder isn't working?
>
> hrm heres another q....anyone know if VW spills engines over into the
> next model year, i'm looking at a supposid '87 Jetta GL...but it has
> an 86 Jetta GX engine in it which the guy says is original.
> it does have a GL badge on the back..anyone know what
> distinguishes the GL model from the normal Jetta?
>
> Ryan

- --
 Wm. Josiah Erikson
 '84 Rabbit GTi
 '86 Scirocco
 '87 QSW
 http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah
 I have lots of VW (especially A1) stuff for sale at:
 http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah/forsale/forsale.html

- --