Re: Re: Fuel pump relay

At 02:14 23.09.98 EDT, VWN8@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 9/23/98 4:25:15 AM, you wrote:
>
>>To bypass a relay shouldn't you jump terminals 30 (battery +) and 87 (relay
>>output) ?
>>Connecting terminals 15 (ignition power) and 31 (ground) is sure to fry
>>something...
>Yea, 87 and 30. . . . . . thats how I've been driving my car for a couple of
>days without a relay. I agree that 15 to 31 doesnt seem like a good idea. I
>supose 15 to 87 would turn the pump on when the key was put in the ignition
>thus saving the trouble of fliping a switch etc.
>
>Nate

Hi,

This is were I've got some experience: 15 to 87 - no. There's not enough
power in 15 to turn your fuel pumps properly. The 87-30 is the only way to
go, disconect other wires. Trust the guy who has been driving like that for
1/2 year. I have a switch installed and I'm so used to it, that in every
car I step into I automatically start looking for it. no use paying 30 USD,
but thats from the parts-shark here in Estonia.

Best regards,
Arno

- --