Re: Fuel pump relay

At 07:25 PM 9/22/98 -0400, Mark A Peele wrote:
>In a pinch, just jump terminal 15 and 31.
>
>I've done this a few times - it makes the pump run continuously, but the
>car will run fine.

I agree, in fact, my car has a switch on the fuel pump, so the pump
constantly runs - I can turn the pump on whenever I want, been like that
for a year or more now(1.5, I think).  NO problems, the only bad thing is
the "what if" - what if I crash, get knocked out & can't turn the pump off?
 That's the problem.  The car is primarily an autocross car, so I don't
care, but for this reason, it is probably not the best of ideas to run a
switch on a street car.  My switch has a red toggle cover which makes
turning it off easy - when I turn off any car, I bat instinctively at the
area where the switch is on my car:).  If the relay dies, switch it until
you get a new one.  If you figure that you'd rather die than see your car
after a crash, switch it and fry away;).  It works just great(use a "big"
switch, 20a or so, I'd guess, forget what I used), makes the warm start
stumble far less prevalent, too(and cheaper than an accumulator).

I.Mannix
- --