From: VWN8@aol.com
To: scirocco-L@scirocco.org, bhonnold@pac-cap.com
Subject: Fuel pump relay
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 18:21:24 EDT

Since I bought my car 4yrs ago I've had to replace the fuel pump relay
regularly ( I think I'm on relay number 4). Anyhow I know this shouldn't
be
happening so does anyone have any idea what my problem could be?
My other semi-related question is this: My FP-relay is a 5 prong unit
with a
fuse. I was thinking about using a 4 prong Audi FP-relay instead (for the
reason that A:it's a simpler part B:in a pinch I can use any 4prong relay
as a
replacement C:there way cheaper {$10 vs $25}). The 5th prong on the VW
unit is
terminal #31. Can anyone tell me what each terminal does?

Nate
- --
To subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to
scirocco-L-request@scirocco.org,

- --------- End forwarded message ----------