Re: thermostat--where?

Come on, it takes five minutes w/o P/S. I do believe the stat on my '79 was
there just as all of my other VWs were. If it were anywhere else, coolant
would get all over the place. In its current loc., ya just jam a bucket
under there, yank out the two 10mm bolts and bam!! Oh well, good luck!

Paul Hanley