From: "faust" <faust@gateway.net>
To: "Bonnie E. Muscavitz" <funcar@lr.net>, <scirocco-L@scirocco.org>
Subject: Re: I have a leak!!!
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 13:11:47 -0400

I just went through this about a year ago.  If you checked the sunroof
drain tubes, and they are clear, then I'll assume that you cleand out
the
holes in the drip tray(where the wiper motor/blackbox is) that the tubes
empty into.  My leak was from the windshield gasket itself, between the
glass and the gasket.  If all else fails, try to put some lear silicone
around the gasket.

The carpeting and headliner etc remove pretty easily.  I'll help if you
can
narrow down the leak.

later,
Greg Faust

85 Mazda RX7
86 Jetta Deluxe 2dr
87 GLi
88 Scirocco 16v (206k miles and counting)