[tech] 2 questions: door sagging and fp voltage

Question one:
You all know about sagging doors. My friend's front left door on his
Rabbit is sagging, and it's because the lower hinge is worn out. My
Scirocco's hinge looks to be the same, so we wanted to take the pin and
the part of the hinge that bolts to the car off my parts Scirocco and
put it on his car, but we can't figure out how to get the pin out. Is
there a trick to this, or a better solution to this problem? Thanks!
Question two:
I have about 11.8V at my fuel pump. Is this bad? (I have 13.7V at the
battery, finally, since I replaced my alternator- before I had 11.8V at
the battery). Should I rewire it to attempt to get better voltage? Or
should I not worry about it? I have this odd problem, which is that when
I first try to start the car (with the fuel pump switch on- I have no
relay), the pump won't go on. If I leave the switch on, and go back and
hit the pump (like, jostle it), then it starts running. And it's not an
electrical contact issue. I think it's the check valve opening up. I
tightened the 19mm cap nut on top of the check valve down really tight
to keep it from leaking, and this caused this problem. If I don't
tighten it down quite as tight and let it leak a little bit, the pump
always goes on, no problem. Anybody ever had anything like this happen?
I think it's quite odd...

Anyway, I love A1's!! I drove my GTi to Manchester today, and boy oh
boy, I'd forgotten what fun they are. After driving my Quantum, the
thing seems like a go-kart. It's so tight, light, and, well, just FUN!
I also got my '86 on the road to being fixed today. It's had a broken
frame for quite awhile- cracked behind the rear control arm mount at the
front left of the car. I jacked the frame back into straightness and
installed a big (Neuspeed?) lower stressbar to keep it in place. I took
it out for a drive and it drives fine! Now just to get it welded to stay
there, so I'm not putting god knows how much stress on that poor
stressbar. It is beefy, though- it actually looks beefier than my frame
: ) So we'll see... wouldn't it be funny if it would be just fine to
drive it just like it is? I won't try it.
Anybody got a good condition rear muffler for an '86 8v that they feel
like selling me for cheap? Maybe somebody upgraded their stock exhaust
and still has their old stock muffler sitting around? Reply to me
privately if you happen to have such a thing...
    Thanks!
    -Josiah

- --
 '83 Scirocco (not for long!)
 '84 Rabbit GTi (running again)
 '86 Scirocco
 '87 QSW
 http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah
 I have lots of VW (especially A1) stuff for sale at:
 http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah/forsale/forsale.html

- --