Re: Help! [16v][crankshaft sprocket]

In a message dated 9/17/98 3:23:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, JGies@skandia.com
writes:

<< Definitely not the tensioner.  I just replaced the tensioner and belt.
 Rattle was there before and after belt/tensioner replacement.

 -john >>
What about that one free spinning sprocket for the AC belt?  Mine had been bad
and rattling for about 3 years and I swore it was my waterpump the whole
time... well.. Mike Potter suggested that I get rid of it (cause its
expensive) and go to the 2.0 16V belt setup instead which meant that I had to
get the different sprocket.  No more rattle and only 2 different belts on my
car now make dannyboy a happy camper.  If you're interested I'm sure Mike
would be glad to help you get this setup too.
Dan May
8716VScirocco 95.5Tacoma4x4
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
- --