Re: bad vibration.

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 19:02:01 -0600 "Owen" <rabeys@cadvision.com> writes:

>Sounds like CV for sure now, i'm thinkin everything else doesn't add up,
>would feel a warped rotor in the pedal, if it was a bearing, it should
be
>loose which it isn't.  the cv boots (one on each side) blew last winter
and
>i drove for a while before i noticed and had them replaced and repacked.

>that driving with no greece probably didn't work wonders for everything
in
>there.

don't discount the wheel bearings. Go ahead and put a socket and long ass
cheater bar on there and stand on that bad boy. I honestly don't think
you can over torque the nut on those things. The tighter the better. Most
racers (Real racers, as in real VW race cars) torque them as tight as
they can get em. I stand on mine. Have done so for the last 5 years with
no problems. (Same wheel bearings un front.)
Ew, winter with open CV boots. Hmm, probably not a good thing. Sounds
more like it being your CV's.
Take the nut off, pop the CV from the hub and feel how much play it has?
Rotate it around its axis. Can you feel a catch or anything not smooth?

>Hey, there's always ice racing in the winter, something you'll never get
>to do (unless they start it at the local skating rink) ;)

Oh yeah, that's something im SURLY missing out on. lemme see, ice needs
32F or less to be ICE. Um, no thanks! Id rather autox in 70F weather in
Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar. If at all it might rain once in a great while. (our
own version of ice racing!)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and