New possibility for ignition prob

Okay, all of those following my tribulations with my car stalling, check
this out. I pulled off the cap and rotor today to see if there was any oil
getting through. No oil, but I looked at the contacts on the dist cap where
the wires connect on top and the center contact(ignition coil) was gunked
up with carbon. WTF is that about? The wire was also not too snug.
Whaddayathink????

Thanks a mil.
Paul
- --