Re: bad vibration.

At all speeds? I think bearings (in my experience) are typically only
noisy in certain speed ranges. Since it gets noisier in the turns (as a
bearing would as well, of course) I might suspect the dreaded CV joint.

Then when you toss in the braking -- a warped rotor would definately not
go away when you brake, you'd just end up w/ lots of vibration on the
pedal.

Am I completely off base?

~C

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Owen wrote:

|	Hey all, I have a problem.  I'm getting a really bad vibration in the car,
|at all speeds, but get worse when I turn, and mostly when I turn right.  at
|first I thought it was my wheel rubbing on the strut (they are 7.5" wide),
|but it was not that.
|
|	what else could it be?  it almost more of a rubbing-knocking
|noise/feeling.
|
|I've ruled out wheel balance since I've tried it with 3 different sets of
|wheels, it's not rubbing either.  I though maybe warped rotor, but that
|would go away when I braked would it not?  it tends to get worse when
|brake.  any other ideas?
|
|	would a bad wheel bearing cause these problems?
|

|		any help on this would be great, as I have the last solo2 event of the
|year for me on Sunday.
|

|					TIA
|
|Owen
|87 16v
|http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1571
|--
|To subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to scirocco-L-request@scirocco.org,
|with your request (subscribe, unsubscribe) in the BODY of the message.

Christopher Mende           FederalExpress            Work: 719-262-1022
www.neubayern.net     Distributed Systems Support     Page: 888-786-1344
www.fedex.com              Colorado Springs           Home: 719-264-8132

- --