87 8valve throttle body large or small?

It sounds like the '87 scirocco 8valves came stock with a larger
throttle body.  Does anybody know if this is always the case? I got a
used Nuespeed version of the larger throttle body and now get the
feeling I'm screwed....  Called new deminsions and they said...Yeah 87's
have the same size already.  But here is the kicker.  Upon actually
looking and measuring the tbodies I find that indeed the secondary
(larger) butter fly is just less that a quarter of an inch bigger, but
bigger none the less.  The primary is the same however.  Also my t-body
has an oval shaped ring that fits into the rubber air intake off of the
s pipe and the neuspeed has an egg shaped larger opening.

So...any ideas?  Perhaps I do NOT have a stock 87 throttle body? Or do I
indeed have the larger throttle body and the neuspeed is only a fraction
larger which won't add any noticable performance?  Or maybe not all of
them came with the a2 body?  Arrrggghh

I guess the major question I have is "how much larger in diameter will
the "larger" throttle body be in the primary and then in the secondary"
and "Will that less than a quarter of an inch in my secondary make a
difference?"

any help appreciated.

Jared
Jerlandson@wac.net