Re: 2.0 16v ?s

> I have a few questions.
> I was offered a 2.0 16v out of a '91 Jetta with
> 40k on it for $1,200 complete with wiring harness
> and FI computer.  Apparently, this guy also has
> the rocco 16v intake manifold though.  Now, can
> you use Motronic with that manifold?  Can all
> the injection be swapped to the "right" side?

	it's tuff to say, really.  i purchased my 2L bottom end for $600
CDN about 8 months ago.  then i spent another $700CDN on parts (gaskets
and shit...plus i think that something else was busted somewhere in the
motor, but i cannot remember at the moment).  i kept the rocco's cis-e
brain and everything else.  basically, it all went in to my car, said and
done, for about $2000 CDN.  i've heard it bantied about that the 8V cis
system is a great match for the 16V, but make sure you get some more
opinions on that one.

> Lastly, does this sound like a good deal?

	i suppose that it does.  all you'll have to do is take out what
you currently have, and replace it all with the 16V.  mind you, you will
have to replace the exhaust system, which reminds me, you'll also have to
make some modifications to the downpipe to clear the shift linkages/sway
bar (if equipped)/and whatever else is down there.  that, or you can try
to find yourself an A1 16V exhaust manifold...took me forever to get
mine...or hook yourself up with a header...tho you may still have some
clearancing problems.

	it's a pretty simple procedure, i suppose, but there will be all
of these little problems that will arise here and there that could add up
to big dollars.  good luck, and do not assume anything.

jason
the mad bastard

- --