Re: [TECH]Funny Sounds Q's

This problem is typically your brake pads rattling against their carriers. Check to
see if you have the anti-rattle clips still. Often, they are missing for whatever
reason and they will rattle like this.
    HTH!
    -Josiah

Kevin wrote:

> I get this one too. EXTREMELY frustrating. I have removed my front swaybar,
> I have upper and lower stress bars, new ball joint, new tie rods, new cv
> shaft. I've torqued all the front suspention components nultiple times.
>         I was thinking today that it's probably my upper strut bearing. They've
> got almost .5" space between the rubber and the hat. They're about 4 years
> old now.
>         CAn the upper strut bearings hurt/break anything if not serviced for long?
>
> >3. This clanking sound coming from my driver side front end while going
> >over small bumps, it also rattles really bad when just driving over
> >rough roads(not perfect) I mean really rattles, sounds like metal
> >rattling up against metal.
> >
> >Thanx in advance for any opinions, any and all are welcomed, cause this
> >is really bugging me.  It is however really nice to just listen to the
> >purrr of my kitten while driving.
> >
> >--
> >Jody Bailey
> >85 Scirocco 8v
> >http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/6866/
> >"It's not what you are, but what you don't become that hurts." -Oscar
> >Levant

- --
 '83 Scirocco (not for long!)
 '84 Rabbit GTi (running again)
 '86 Scirocco
 '87 QSW
 http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah
 I have lots of VW (especially A1) stuff for sale at:
 http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah/forsale/forsale.html

- --