Fwd: MKII top speed

This all assumes that everyone is running stock rims/tyres, or
equivalents with the same tyre circumference!
By the way, I used to get 130mph on the speedo with a stock 1.8i 8v /
K&N filter, stock wheels/tyres.  I now get 120mph with a 2.0i 8V with
4-branch /exhaust/ K&N filter, stock wheels/tyres.  Thats what I call an
upgrade!.  Time for a new fuel pump...?!*$#.
I'm pretty sure the speedo is at least 10mph out (compared with MFA
reading & other cars), which sounds reasonable given the rated 118mph
for UK injection MKIIs.

Cheers,

>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 08:30:10 -0400
>Subject: MKII top speed
>From: scirocco.gtx@juno.com (Mark A Peele)
>
>I've had my '82 up to 105 (speedo) passing erratic drivers on the
>interstate with more on tap. My engine is bone stock (except for an
80mm
>air flow meter).
>
>Mark . . .
>Scirocco 1982, Golf GT 1987
>Previous Sciroccos: 1981S (RIP), 1980S, 1975TS, 1975
>~Working~for~nothing~

Ewan H......

'85 Storm 2.0
'86 GT 1.8