Re: Ground Control

phillyscca@enter.net writes:

> Just got off the phone with Ground Control, I'm looking at
>  coil-overs and camber plates for the '78 autocrosser.  WOW do those
>  guys know their stuff.  They actually design their parts to meet the
>  damn SCCA street prepared rules as the rules change.
>
>  They have to adapt their RX-7 camber plates to meet the
>  clarifications just posted in FastTrack.  These plates will work on
>  the Scirocco's.
>
>  Now I just have to sell the wife to pay for them  :^O
>
>  I would recommend these guys to everyone.

Ditto.  I have used Ground Control's coilovers and camber plates (plus their
recommendations for shocks) for five years and have had great success in the
ITB ranks.  Jay Morris, the owner, not only races but has paid his dues with
various classes within the SCCA and has a tremendous amount of experience.
FWIW - the "east coast" set up of two rear bars, 400lb rear springs, no front
bar, and 325lb front springs has been rumored to be the "hot" VW ITB chassis
setup (makes the car oversteer like nuts).  Just a week ago I chewed up three
other VW's at Road America through the fastest corners with their "east coast"
set up.  Okay, enough rambling stuff about Ground Control. Where is my
medication?
Hugh - 84 8v - thanks for the bandwidth
- --