Re: which weighs less-? A1 2dr jetta or 2 dr. rabbit?

>>The manual for my 1975 Scirocco lists unladen weight as 2010 lbs. (912
>>kg).
>>
>>Gordon
>>75 Scirocco w/Drake 1938cc 8V
>
>This makes more sense.  I'm curious as to where this 1750 number came
>from!

obviously from our Euro-Roccos,

my 1978 Mk1 Scirocco GT 1,5 l
800kg  - 1764 pounds

my 1983 Mk2 Scirocco GTX 1,8 l
855kg -  1885 pounds

these are the official weights,
according to VW, the car documents
and the Scirocco book. ( all are equal )

these figures are always for a driveable car
here in Germany, that means that all fluids
are filled up. ( fuel at least 10 liter)

wheels are also stock here, :
175/70 5J13 for the Mk1
185/60 6J14 for the Mk2

remember :
my cars do NOT have
- - A/C
- - power windows
- - power steering
- - US bumpers
- - steel bars in the doors
- - filled ashtrays :)

it¥s weird that your Roccos are all that heavy ?!?!

slightly confused
Dirk
'83 53b GTX

- --