[tech] [non-scirocco]CIS-E problem

This is a problem I have with an '87 Fox. The fuel mixture seems to be
continually leaning itself out. Basically, what happens is that it will
run fine for a few days, and then one day it will start, but won't
accelerate (starving for fuel). Opening the hood and turning the fuel
mixture screw clockwise until it runs best fixes the problem, but only
for a few days. Could the mixture screw actually be vibrating itself
counterclockwise? Or could this be a computer problem? (I am unfamiliar
with the CIS-E system's differences from CIS). The oxy sensor is brand
new Bosch, if that matters.
    TIA!
    -Josiah
    '83 Scirocco