Re: floor mats & MKII top speed

Hi,

I gotta step out for Lauri. After all he is a fellow Estonian!
Just this weekend one Renault Megane tried to pass me at 160 km/h. That
kinda annoyed me and I stepped on it. We went rather equally untill 180
mark, then he fell behind. After that I was wondering what kinda car this
Megane is. Took out the 2.0 Megane compared to my 112hp 1.8i. Megane had
115hp@5400, top speed 197. Scirocco was 112hp@ ,top speed 198. According to
Automobile Revue, german-french auto annual. So the 200 mark ain't that
far. More evidence? My car's previous owner measured the top speed of 197
km/h for this car. With a police radar. ( got to be honest - at that speed
the radar's documents show +-7 as possible error)

Now totally unscientific and unproven is the fact that I raced the exactly
same airport, with a brand new 325 bmw. Lost. Of cource. But my speedo went
to the end (200 for me) and after that my rpm's went up yet 500. If anyone
believes, go ahead, calculate.

Now what about thhe floormats? Maybe let's get rid of them to lose some
weight?

Regards,
Arno,
1.8i 87 scirocco