Re: floor mats & MKII top speed

>well, it¥s probably not an JH but an EX.
>but that does not explain the speed.
>
>The EX with 90 HP is running official (according to the Fahrzeugschein)
>real 178 km/h  (110.6 mph)
>
>If he¥s got the 112hp (PS) (82kW)
>injection engine DX the top speed is 191 km/h (118.7 mph)
>
>due to tolerances the top speed can vary max. 5 km/h ( 3 mph)
>
>the speedometer however is allowed to show much more than it¥s in reality :
>
>my car with it¥s modified EX engine
>is tested with real 204 km/h based on an outside temperature of 20ƒC (68F)
>and an outside air-pressure of 1013 mmHg (135 kPa)...
>...but the needle is bouncing under friendly circumstances beyond the 220
>km/h mark.
> http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO/220.jpg
>-> it¥s nice but it¥s lying
>
>the top-speed of the strongest STOCK Scirocco
>( GTX 16V without CAT - 139HP)
>is 210 km/h (130.5 mph)
>sorry Laurie, but Euro Roccos can¥t fly either.
>
>or do you Estonians got a magic fuel or so ???  :)

Yeah, we are using this rocket fuel over here! :)

My car is 1.8 8v GTI with stock 112HP (82kW) and the top speed, as I sayd,
was measured by my own speedometer (and I know it's lying) and I prayed the
Lord that I was the only one who measured the speed, because this airfield
is also used as a public road and there where many other cars driving there
also. And also there are often Policeman waiting at the end of the airfield,
because they always get interesting results there. :)

Lauri!
'84 Scirocco GTI Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added new pics and videos to my site!

- --