Re: Gear Linkages

Hmm, and you replaced the circlip above the spring? It's has been a while
since I did mine, but there is a small circlip that retains the spring. I
am just not sure if that holds the shift rod from falling through the shift
bearing.

You will probably need to adjust the linkage or at least fiddle with the
bearing to get it shifting smoothly again as well.

Good luck,
Paul Hanley