16VDistributor PART #'s

I'm joining Ryan's club...ok.. so I developed a little miss that lasted about
5 seconds the other day.  Hasnt' been back since.  So I begin looking over the
possible problems and I went straight to my original 166kmiles distributor. It
of course has oil all over it.  Also the hall sendor connection broke off
without even touching it. So, I go to my trusty spare engine and remove the
"new looking" distributor off it thinking this is gonna be a snap.  Well, once
I got them both off I realized that the hall sendor in the spare distributor
looked much different than the one on my car originally.  Then i noticed the
PN's were different.  Here's the breakdown:
Old Dist: 2#'s-- 0 237 521 010 & also 027 905 205 P (dont' ask me, its got 2
numbers on it)
Old Hall Sender 1 230 329 025
"new" Dist: 0 237 521 046
"new" Hall Sender: 1 230 329 062
Can anyone help me decipher WHY this second car had a different setup???  Is
the fact that the "pickup" for the new sender is on the opposite side of the
distributor going to cause me any problems???  I guess I'll find out when i
put it on.  I know both cars were 87's... and that mine was produced in 2/87.
Also, yeah i know i need to replace that oil seal.  TIA and sorry for long
post!
DanMay
8716VScirocco  95.5Tacoma4x4(forsaleagain--I want a rabbit truck!!!)a
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
- --