Re: Suspension advice(lots of questions)

At 12:21 PM 9/7/98 -0600, you wrote:

>> I'd try to do this, in order -
>>
>> Shocks - Bilstein or Koni
>> Front swaybar(22mm, not convinced that Neuspeed is the best)
>> Lower front stressbar
>> Springs
>> Upper front stressbar
>> Rear swaybar.
>>
>> They're all important - but that's the order I'd buy them in.
>
>Thank you for all of the suggestions.  I am going to decide if I can afford
>just the konis and Neuspeed springs.  If not I will get the Bilsteins and a
>swaybar or stressbar.

  You really should do the front stress bars first, or at the same time as
the shocks and springs. This makes a huge difference when you're tightening
up the front suspension. Stress bars keep the various suspension mounting
points from moving around relative to one another. This is good for the
car. It isn't good to allow the strut towers to bend/flex too much.

  Of course if your shocks and struts are dead, they need to be done pretty
soon too. And might as well do the spring then as well. About the only
thing that I would put as doing later is the swaybars, Do everything else,
then decide if you need swaybars still to get what you're looking for.

Brad

- --