Re: weight of a Mk1 Scirocco?

>    I recently posted to the newsgroup a question on
> how much a Jetta 2dr (A1) weighed, and got the figure of around 1900lbs.

	funny that you should ask.  three days ago (friday) a friend of
mine and myself went to the local waste center (y'know, where they weigh
to see how much trash yer dumping off).

	anyways, my 2-door mk1 jetta without a rear bumper or a spare tire
(but equipped with a 2.0 16V motor, exhaust, and brakes) weighed in at
970kg.  if i'm not mistaken, a kg is equal to 2.2lbs.  ergo, my car should
weigh about 2134lbs (so just a little under 2200 with both bumpers).

> I also heard that an early Rabbit weighs about 50 lbs. less, and
> that a MK1 Scirocco weighs 1750lbs.-thats as light as a beetle!

	i don't know about the rest of the figures, but i think that they
sound a little bit low.  i'd imagine that the jetta weighs in at around
2000 in stock trim.

jason
the mad bastard

- --