From: "I.Mannix" <mannix@secretignition.com>
To: SailingFC@aol.com, scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: weight of a Mk1 Scirocco?
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 16:53:01 -0600

At 04:43 PM 9/6/98 EDT, SailingFC@aol.com wrote:
>When I weighed my '78 way back in the mid '80s on a truck scale, it
weighed in
>at 2090 lbs.  This was with no driver, approximately 10 gallons of gas.
>
>-dick-
>78 Scirocco

That sounds reasonable.  Take 70 pounds out for gas(7#/gallon), 2020.  I
believe that.  I just looked at scirocco.org, and I simply do not believe
the weight listed for the Scirocco GTI claimed by some British
magazine(Car?) of 1764 or something.  That just does NOT seem right to
me.
1964, maybe.  Sure, 1964, no AC, stock, no gas - I could believe that.
The
74 weight claimed by "Wheels" of 1710 sounds pretty far fetched, too, but
we can't really verify that today.  If any Scirocco weighed in the 17s,
it
was an OLD one, with 4" wheels, tiny tires, no swaybars, no AC, no radio,
etc etc etc.  Even then, I doubt it.  Just my .02!

I.Mannix(if they weighed 1750 stock, I'd have one.....)
- --
To subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to
scirocco-L-request@scirocco.org,

- --------- End forwarded message ----------