S2 tech problem: front end vibration

As the above says, the front end of my Roc vibrates. It's most noticeable
during deceleration and seems to come from the driver side. Some of the
precursors were: a clanking noise when I let the clutch out in reverse and the
car seemed to wander a little by itself on the freeway etc. The wandering
seemed to me somewhat connected to the throttle, that is accelerating it
pulled a tiny bit to the right and decelerating it went a little left. I guess
the most alarming thing is that the vibrating started rather suddenly (read:
within a mile). I'm going to take everything apart tomaro but I thought I
would ask if anyone had any ideas what it's going to be.
TIA-Nate
- --