Re: [tech 16v] timing and compression

Did you check all the plug wires, the coil, and all of the connections to the
coil? Fuel mixture can sometimes do this, although I don't know why it would be
off at this point. Ignition timing? Did you fiddle with it, I trust?
    Good luck!
    -Josiah
    '83 Scirocco (for parts)
    '84 GTi (currently out of commission)