Re: Rear caliper question

	I've had to replace my rear caliper twice because the emergency
brake spring/lever has been sticking. I guess it's a fairly common
problem, but I wasn't able to find a rebuild kit. I settled for reman
units (they're cheaper). both of my replacements had the bleed valve in
the same position, though. good luck!

Chris Bodenlos
'88 16v

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998 jja@astronautics.com wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>  I have a question about the rear calipers on my 16V. One of mine had
> the parking brake lever stick on, which cost me a new set of pads and
> rotors. I also tried to buy a replacement caliper. The only problem
> with the replacement I obtained from Autotech was that the bleeder was
> on the bottom of the piston. Needless to say, that does not work very
> well.
>
>  I seem to remember, from a long time ago, that there were two different
> styles of rear caliper. These were referred to as either "big bleeder"
> or "small bleeder" style of caliper. The physical size of the bleeder
> screw being different in either case. The replacement unit from
> Autotech had a larger bleeder than the stock units.
>
>  Also, are there rebuild kits available for the calipers?
>
>  Thanks for any enlightenment you can supply.
>
> 	Jon
>
> Jon Auringer
> J.Auringer@astronautics.com

- --