Re: Baby's Still Sick

Sounds to me like you need a quickie fuel mixture adjustment. Dunno if that's
something you want to fool around with, some people will tell you that you
shouldn't screw with it because it's indicative of something else being wrong,
but I'd say after replacing the oxy sensor, it's called for.
There's a little 3mm hex on your fuel distributor, in between the hump with all
the fuel lines and the intake boot. It's way down in there, and you need a long
hex to adjust it. Sometimes there's plug that needs to be drilled out. If you
look in your Bentley, it'll tell you about it... (do you have a Bentley? If you
don't, GET ONE!)
I just idle the car and adjust it until it sounds best, usually trying to err on
the side of being too lean rather than too rich if I have a cat. If I don't have
a cat, I just make it run best. Running too rich with a cat will clog it up
eventually, robbing you of power and gas mileage.
    HTH!
    -Josiah
    '83 Scirocco (for parts)
    '84 GTi (needs fuel pump)