Re: 87 16v recall

S'funny this should come up...

I have had a small fuel leak on my '86 16v since I bought it - but only
when it's full.  Though I was told a couple weeks ago by the dealer that
it may be getting worse.  They were going to check into wether my car
was eligible for the recall or not...

I parked my car for ten minutes yesterday and there was a LARGE puddle
of fuel under the tank - which was at about 1/2.  So off to the dealer I
went and dropped it off, they'll be replacing the tank regardless of
who's paying for it.

So now I'm stuck driving my friend's '87 Cabriolet... not bad except
it's an AUTOMATIC!!!  ACK!

Daun
'81 8v Scirocco
'86 16v Scirocco